Monday, March 15, 2010

Y'all should see me swim - HILARIOUS

Sunday I took a day off - which I know I'm not technically supposed to do - especially in the last week - but I couldn't tear myself away from the work - FEAR has set in... but I did a lot of riding - both morning and evening on Saturday, so it's okay, I think - well, it has to be okay - I can't repeat yesterday now...

This morning Jennelle and I swam again :) It was ridiculous though - we were going to swim at 6:30AM, but then decided by text this morning (both of us still in bed) to swim at 7 because there are never any lanes open from 6-7, especially if Master's swim is going on. So I got there at 7, left my goggles and the list of exercises in the car... didn't realize it until right before we were going to get in.. Jennelle went to warm up, and I put clothes back on and went back out to my car to get the forgotten items... then I met her at the pool, where she was sitting in a chair waiting for a lane to open up - we didn't start swimming until 7:15 and we both had to leave right at 8 = ridiculous.

I did a slightly different routine than Jennelle did - she swims faster than I do, so in order to keep up with her, I shaved some laps off - with the hopes of going for a ride this afternoon, but this is my one break (writing the blog) before I go and dive in again... I may go for a run this evening to get it out of my system...

Anyway, I did a variety of different kinds of laps which I believe was close to 0.6 miles... so not my 1 mile 'norm' - but I was wiped afterwards...

Jennelle and I started off in one lane together, and then the one next to us opened up and she was able to move over - JUST in time for the lateral kick thingies... we lay on one side and do the freestyle kick sideways, while breathing small little breaths as we go down - then switch sides to come back up... I ran into the wall the WHOLE time - imagine if I had moved over one lane?? I would have been in everyone's lane... with that stroke, you sink down a little if you slow down, and I would have skimmed underneath all the lanes had I my back to the lane side... as it was, I was just hitting the wall...

Then, with the pulls - I do this everytime, but I never think to write about it - the pulls are when you have the float between your legs and you just use your arms = a great time to work on your stroke and to relax your legs after doing the kickboard laps. I'm usually okay with all of these exercises for the first length (1/2 a lap), but then on the way back is when it goes haywire... for the pull, I kept forgetting not to kick, so I would start to kick with the float thingy and would be zig-zagging back and forth within the lane and then to correct it, I get wiped out using my arms... I had to look like I was drowning - I was cracking myself up while swimming and then choking on the water... sad, really :)


No comments:

Post a Comment