Monday, March 8, 2010

SHOUT OUT!!

Shout out to Laura G. who suggested I try the cocoa almonds by Emerald Nuts - they really do the trick for helping with the chocolate craving!! Unfortunately she told me this a WHILE ago on this blog, but I just remembered yesterday to get them at the store... 1/4 cup is approximately 28 almonds and is 150 calories, 3 g fiber, 6 g protein... the sugars are only 1 gram and the ingredients = almonds, natural & artificial flavors, cocoa powder and salt... oh and salt is 25 mg/ serving... I mix them with regular almonds... anyway - great suggestion, Laura!! I eat a couple after lunch and some for my mid-afternoon snack and I don't feel the choco cravings at all!! Way to go!! :) Funny thing though, you know how on foods that contain nuts, companies are required to say, 'CONTAINS NUTS' ? Well at the end of the ingredient list for Cocoa Almonds it says, 'CONTAINS ALMONDS.' I'm glad they cleared that up...

No comments:

Post a Comment