Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Rise & Shine!

& Give God your glory, glory...

It is not even 8AM, and I have been to the gym, burned 440 calories (was there for an hour), eaten a glorious oatmeal (made with milk = the best!!), blueberries & cinnamon breakfast (post workout), and have taken a shower. I am READY for the day - I know I have a lot to do - and I know I should be intimidated - but I say BRING IT.

Today's goal: finish Results - section 1 (there are 2 very large sections) and turn in this evening (after meeting with my advisor again). (Wednesday's goal = results, section 2 & discussion & conclusion) Everything gets turned in on Thursday a.m. And for those who don't know - I've already turned in the Intro, Lit Review & Methodology :)

This morning Shawn worked us out (Sarah didn't come - not sure what happened - but it's the last week! Come on!!) and Shawn did a fabulous job - she gave Tasia, Sara D and I a work out to do on the elliptical machines (interval work out) for an hour - and she did the same with everyone else upstairs running the track (vs. running on the elliptical). I had arrived at the gym at 5:35 to do 30 minutes of cardio prior to Sarah's workout - so I actually got to do 5:40-6:40 am with Shawn's workout and get out of there sooner....

What we did on the elliptical:
0-5 mins = warm up walk (I did level 2)
5-10 mins = stretch legs, glutes, shoulders and neck (I stretched everything else, too)
10-12 mins = slow jog (level 4)
12-15 mins = hard pace/sucking wind/maintain entire time (level 12)
15-35 mins = run (2 mins), sprint (1 min), run, sprint... elliptical sprint = the hardest resistance as possible for us (run = 7, sprint = 14)
35-40 mins = jog (2 mins), sprint (1 min), jog, sprint... (jog = 6, sprint = 12)
40-45 mins = 'easy peasy' cool down (level 3)
45-50 mins = stretch and hold longer

I'm keeping this sheet she gave me and going to do this - upping my levels each time - each week - maybe 2 x / week before doing weights... we didn't do weights this morning because it's the last week and the idea is to burn those calories with Cardio!!
I hope everyone has a great day!! (It's just now 8AM! Wowsers!!)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you type in the times because the time zone thingy still throws me off...
    You are becoming - yes - svelte! you have done such an awesome job - and you are a terrific teammate. Would be happy to work out with you anytime- and I will continue to read your blog- ;-)

    ReplyDelete