Friday, March 12, 2010

Procrastination...

I'm officially using this blog to type about something else ANYTHING ELSE than stormwater runoff... I can't take too long a break - because I'm trying to have the rough draft in by 2pm... but I'm really close... and the closer I get, the harder it is to make it happen, strange, I know...

Today is Jenelle's birthday, so we met at 8:30 am instead of 6:30 am to do our swimming routine. Today was different and satisfying. We warmed up with 2 easy laps, 2 kick, 2 pull (see earlier posts for explanation of those). And then we did some different exercises that were less about length. We worked on breathing on both sides vs. only breathing on the right side (for me - Jenelle only breathes on the left side). We worked on our arm strokes and did several laps concentrating on pulling in a way that had us breathing on both sides, but we pushed hard with the pulls (while kicking)... this is actually really hard to describe and put into words... we did a stroke that had us on our side, one arm out with our head resting on that arm, the other arm trailing behind, freestyle kicking but on our side, and we were concentrating on breathing and having our head positioned in the water so that the surface hit at our nose (1/2 head in, 1/2 head out) and we breathed out and tilted our heads slightly to breath in - this exercise demonstrated how we're supposed to position our head in the water for normal freestyle... anyway, lots of exercises to help improve our breathing, stamina, and style.

I swam a little less than a mile and I feel stronger in the water. I know how to do it correctly and I am - and I take fewer breaks between each lap or length. I still swallow large portions of the pool and stand up coughing half-way through a lap when I breathe in water - but overall MUCh improvement has been made :) We swam continuously from 8:30-10 am!

Tonight I do Taebo with (hopefully) some team members, but if not, just me and that's fine!
If anyone out there would like to join me, feel free, but a visitor price is $10 - which is steep... but if you don't think it's steep and you would like to join me, I'd love to have you come with!

Saturday & Sunday = long bike rides
Monday = Swim in AM, possible spin in PM
Tuesday = 5:30-6 cardio, 6-7 workout with team, 7-7:30 cardio :)
Wednesday = Spin in AM, Taebo in PM
Thursday = 6-7 workout with team, 7-8 intense cardio
And then back to today's schedule!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment