Thursday, March 4, 2010

LEGS on FIRE

Yesterday my Mom came to spinning with me (Johnny W. & Jane H. were there as well - not Jane Horton...) and she really rocked it out. She is going to give it another chance next week - yay!! In fact, she was already talking about how she's going to rearrange her schedule to incorporate this class :) It makes me happy - more people loving spinning... Of course this week, it seemed like more of a love/hate relationship... maybe hate is too strong, but after working out for 1.5 hours on Tuesday night, Wednesday's spinning class was harder than normal... my quads were hurting!!

Overall, Wednesday was an off day - it started out great, but then I had a meeting with my internship advisor who believes it's going to take me longer than I think to finish the maps - followed by a meeting with my committee/primary advisor who wants my rough draft into her by next Friday - a week from tomorrow... then we un-installed the GIS program to install a better one and the computer stopped working which ALL led to a moment of hyperventalating followed by being physically ill... apparently my body doesn't process stress like it used to... I used to function very well during stress, but yesterday I imploded... or exploded... I suppose either of those terms are accurate...

Today I feel a little better... it's a weigh-in day - I had a great work out this morning - I got to the gym at 5:40 and worked out for 30 minutes before my trainer got there and then we did circuit 'training' - legs (that are now permanently on fire), arms, and core - over and over again and then stretched and was done... we did the circuit for 45 minutes - so LOTS of arms, legs and core :) My muscles were quivering when I turned the steering wheel :) My legs have gotten QUITE the workout, though, over the past several days... Taebo, 1.5 hours elliptical, spinning, squats and lunges today, swimming tomorrow... ouchie!!!

Stay tuned for tonight's update on my weigh-in!! :)

2 comments:

  1. So did you get the program on your computer eventually? How's the thesis coming?

    ReplyDelete
  2. good question - should've included that part... I DID get the GIS program back on my computer - it took several hours, but it's back on and I used it this morning... thesis is thesis - a better status report can be given on Sunday... I think I'm going to turn the rough draft into my faculty advisor in pieces (she said that was better for her), so I can do it along and along next week = more manageable for me, too...

    ReplyDelete