Saturday, March 13, 2010

AMAZING Friends!!!

Last night, my friend Sarah H. made dinner for me and we watched (I slept) BSG :) Sarah found out from me ahead of time what I could and couldn't eat on my program and made me dinner :) I made us salad to accompany her awesome curry/cinnamon/tomato/red onion mixture that she mixed with lean pork chops... YUMMY (I'm currently eating those leftovers over brown rice :) )
Sarah and I used to do this a lot - but I've been so busy that there has been no time for it - we also alternate who makes things - but she provided most of the yummy-ness last night, which was perfect, because I was running low on groceries/food.

Heyns and I went on a bike ride this morning. We left my house with the intent of doing the West Ashley Greenway that is 10 miles - or 20 there and back - which is what we were going to do.. I was on my mountain bike with hybrid tires and he on his hybrid. But it has rained for the past 2 days so the hybrid tires were not making the journey well... I was getting a work out fighting that mud! When we got to Wappoo road, we took that over Hwy 17 and hopped onto the West Ashley Bike way (paved) and made much better progress - we took it to the end and then cut over back to my house... We biked from 9:30-11:30 - and no part of that ride was leisurely - so it was a decent work out - and I was pleased that he had asked me to go... we're planning some more rides = longer rides for when I'm done with my thesis :)

What made my day: Matt Hasse (gets the full name shout out because of his awesome gift) called me this afternoon and wanted to bring over some groceries... a couple of weeks ago he had asked what he could do to help - I was so stressed out (still am, a little) about taking 2-3 weeks off work to grind out my thesis - so he asked for my list of foods I could eat so that he could make me a meal that wouldn't derail me while on this program... He made the decision to bring me groceries instead, which is actually SEVERAL meals and absolutely wonderful. On this list, I included the 8 foods I am supposed to have daily along with some personal faves - at the time, I thought he was going to make me a meal, so I was trying to give him as much variety as possible, because I know it can be hard to put my list into a meal...

One of the BEST things about what Matt brought me is he bought stuff that, though my faves, I wouldn't normally buy because I don't have the money for it. So opening those bags after he left was like Christmas morning. I can't even put into words how I feel about this gift - I can eat - and eat well - for the next week and not have to worry about $ - how amazing. What he got me that I'm SO EXCITED ABOUT: Beets (fresh) with greens intact (guess what kind of salad I'm having tonight :) :) :) ), mangoes (4 of them - I haven't had mangoes in years - absolutely LOVE them), leeks (!!), greek yogurt, raw almonds and raw walnuts (!!), KALE!!!, grapefruit (!!), spinach :), raw steel cut oatmeal (was about to run out!), 6 BAGS OF DRIED BEANS - 3 pinto, 3 black bean - I'm going to be eating off those beans forever :) :), almond butter (I just got some almond butter that I detest - or rather is not my fave - and he bought my favorite!!), strawberries and blueberries :) :) There may have been more, but that's what I can remember. CHRISTMAS DAY - no lie. My absolute faves: beets (fresh), mangoes, leeks, walnuts, kale & grapefruit. HOLY COW. I am still reeling from this - and he came by an hour ago...

SO I just have to say - that all of you are amazing - and I am reminded daily that I am SO blessed by my friends and to have the friends that I do. And I am humbled - humbled by your kindness and the genuine people you all are. I don't think I deserve you sometimes - I definitely don't think I deserved the gift that Matt gave me. How precious life is - and more so - my friends who surround me and lift me up. I'm getting teary eyed, so we'll just leave it at that.

GET OUTSIDE - it's AMAZING today - while I'm inside getting my thesis groove on - go outside and enjoy the sunshine and breeze!!

No comments:

Post a Comment