Thursday, March 11, 2010

Great Cardio :)

This morning, our team got together for a 10 minute warm-up and then Shawn took Leslie, Betty, & Jenelle upstairs to the Crow's Nest to do intense circuit training. And Tasia, Sara D. and I did weights on our own until Sarah G. got there. Then we did some pilates and stretching. We pushed ourselves - but overall it wasn't the most rewarding work out ever. SO I stayed afterwards and did 50 minutes on the elliptical machine - I burned 424 calories and "ran" 4 miles :) Now THAT was rewarding... I was sweating buckets and jamming out to 92.5-style music (Rihanna, Lady Gaga, etc.) - the faster the beat, the more I pushed myself - which makes me love working out to that stuff :) I was constantly waving to my compadres upstairs with Shawn and I was/am in a great mood!! I'm not always going to be able to stay for almost an hour afterwards, so Janis suggested doing 30 minutes before weights with Sarah G. and then 30 minutes elliptical afterwards...

I ate a hard boiled egg at 5am before going to in to workout at 6am and that's been the best pre-workout morning 'snack' so far. Afterwards, I had an AWESOME bowl of oatmeal :) = whole grain oats, milk, blueberries, cinnamon & 1 tsp agave... I think I can leave the agave out next time because the blueberries were so sweet!!

Alrighty, I'm heading back to doing thesis work! I'll log in tonight or tomorrow early to tell you how the weigh in goes! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment