Monday, March 22, 2010

"New" Clothes

So, it's been a while - I probably would continue to write everyday if I didn't have thesis stuff looming - I just can't justify writing on here when I have a lot to write and do with the thesis!! I, unfortunately, have not exercised since Thursday morning - I AM NOT falling off the band wagon, I assure you!! I've stayed within calories and am continuing to eat only good for me food... but with the rough draft due Wed. then Friday, and my not turning it in until yesterday, I didn't feel like I had enough hours in the day to exercise and was CONSTANTLY stressed!! But I'm heading to the gym today and will make up for it with a long workout - maybe 1.5 - 2 hours of intense cardio? :)

I spent the night at my parent's house last night - had a wonderful salmon, veggie and salad dinner :) (Thanks, Mom!!) and was able to relax with a glass of wine and we watched a movie... good times... and a great break - so I now I can start fresh this morning (in a couple of minutes) and feel good about digging back in!

This morning, while getting ready, I thought I might try on some clothes in my old closet - one of my ongoing projects and M&D's house is to clean my room out - and I've purposefully left clothes there that I love but can't fit in yet... so I felt like I was clothes shopping - but it was for all the clothes I LOVE and couldn't part with. There are still some clothes in there that I look forward to fitting into - and it will be soon, I can tell! But I DID fit into a pair of jeans (THANK GOODNESS - the jeans I have now should have been recycled months ago!!), 2 pairs of khaki pants - one is a really nice pair from AT Loft, a khaki/dark green skirt I love and forgot I have (is like cargo pants, but a skirt), and several 'going out' tops! If I have time before I leave, I'm going to try on the dresses - I'd love to fit into one of them for Carol's wedding this coming weekend!!

So, Liz, we my have to wait to go shopping until I get to the 30 or 35 lbs mark, because I have A LOT more clothes than I thought I had... and they're all in remarkably good shape! And they're all nice clothes :) so my wear-around-the-house clothes I can keep wearing and I have all of these great pairs of pants, skirts, and tops to wear now and to look forward to!

YAY!!! :)

1 comment:

  1. That's great, Jules! I love it when I can fit back into clothes that I just couldn't part with! Have a great day of editing! :-)

    ReplyDelete