Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Blog after HCC?

Today our group warmed up briefly before hitting the weights. Tasia, Sara D., Carole (mentor) and I did a circuit work out of abs, nautilus weights (hamstring, abductor/adductor, & arms), and calve lifts then we did the bike in between another circuit of the above. Jenelle, Betty, Leslie, and Allison (mentor) did a circuit of sorts - they seemed to be switching out between ab work outs and the stair machine (ick). Shawn was keeping them going - she's great :) and encouraging :) (and is the one who puts together the great swimming routines for Jenelle and I on Fridays). Afterwards, our group did intense abs, while the stair machine ladies had to run more stairs (real stairs) (double ick). Then we all stretched out together. Overall - my muscles are hurting - but not as badly as last week... I may need to increase those weights...

Some of you wonderful followers and fans have asked if the blog will continue post HCC - And I think I will continue to blog, but it won't be a daily event. I will most definitely blog and update you once a week as I continue to weigh-in, though I will probably start weighing in on Thursday mornings vs. evenings. I will continue to work out - and I'm going to try and still work out daily - I may take a break once a week, but we'll see - I'm not sure what the advice is for those of us continuing on this crazy journey... I will be getting a gym membership before the end of March - so I will continue to be at the Wellness Center, which means SWIMMING and SPINNING with Catherine!! :) I may even get a trainer once I get a real job under my belt and can pay said trainer. I probably will blog a couple of times a week post HCC, so feel free to check in and check it out!!

I have two more weeks of this program, though, so please don't tune out now! The last weigh-in is Thursday, 3/18 - and we continue our membership through 4/1. The daily blogs will continue through 3/19 - and then I'll ease off a bit. You all have been so positive and supportive - I love the comments on the blogs, the weekly up beat emails after I post my weigh-ins (Liz :) ) and the texts, calls, and FB words of encouragement, tips and cheer. I have my own cheering section and I love it - it keeps me going and helps me push harder :) Thank you.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment