Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Sore Arms!!

So today was different. I worked out solo. And because my day was SO hectic, I didn't get to the gym until 6:30ish - I worked out from 6:45 til 7:30 on the elliptical machine and I pushed myself and am quite pleased with myself for getting there.... Even though I know that weigh-in is tomorrow and that I can't let myself or my team down, I really had to force myself to get to the gym.... I must make the effort to go earlier!! I did it - which proves I can do it... but I think if I do evening workouts from now on, it has GOT to be with a buddy! I am much better at independent work outs/training in the earlier part of the day... by night time, I'm ready to be home resting :)

Last night, Jenelle and I (my trusty team mate side kick - or maybe I'm her side kick... we're equal side kicks :) ) did Cardio Power Hour at MUSC and then Cage Fitness at the other place (still can't remember the name... empty hand... empty heart... I don't remember - but for their sake, I hope it's not empty heart...). I didn't really enjoy the Cardio Pwr Hr - it was more like the body bar class (that this instructor also teaches) - there was only about 20 mins of cardio and the rest was core and strength training - which I like - so don't get me wrong about that BUT this class was right before Cage Fitness, which is also core and strength training... so that was slightly suicidal of us. I would have preferred to have had at least 45 mins cardio before going to Cage - now I know (and knowing is half the battle). I will say that that dynamic duo of a workout last night = my not being able to hold anything over my head, including my arms... and it hurts to hold the phone up to my ear - so don't be expecting any calls from me anytime soon ;)

Fun little fact I learned today (which should interest Reggie and Laura... since I haven't really trained for the bike race yet...) but the Wellness Center has about 15 'trainers' that you can hook up to your own bike and ride indoors... AND they encourage it in their evening spin classes... so I can train indoors... that just sounds so much more appealing to me right now...

1 comment:

  1. Oh good! I've been using the trainer at home and it really helps to get your bum used to your own saddle. A bit of a pain to set up every time, but worth it, I think. Is Reggie doing the ride too?

    ReplyDelete