Monday, February 1, 2010

Someone's got a case of the Mondays?

This morning I did 45 minutes of elliptical in the cardio room - we were spread out this morning - apparently we were all in the cardio room, but we came in at different times and I didn't see everyone. I felt a little out of it this morning - maybe because it was early after a weekend of sleeping in, or maybe it's because I didn't work out yesterday, or maybe it's because I have a case of the Monday's - there's no telling!

So, I've decided to do '2-a-day' workouts on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays to balance out my week better - and maybe on Saturdays, too (a ride or 2?). Tonight I did Nia at MUSC - and I didn't feel well, which affected how much I wanted to participate, so I'd like to give it another chance, but I really liked Spirit Moves Nia better... that Saturday class is always rocking there... but this was interesting - tonight's Nia = Tai Chi, Yoga, and some martial arts 'dancing.' I really liked the leader - Amy? She was really nice - she really tried to engage the class, but everyone seemed as quiet & contemplative as I was.

I think with doing workouts twice a day, I'm going to need some more exercise clothes!!! And apparently I need a new pair of shoes - mine are too old - but the shoes, heart monitor, and pedometer all go on the list to buy when I have some 'free' cash post bills - ahhhh, the life of a grad student - I am ready to have this chapter behind me (the grad school life of no $). Today I felt a little aloof all day - not really fitting within my own body or skin - I still feel a little aloof - notice the scattered blog... or maybe this is a typical Monday on the HCC plan - I don't know, but I'm hoping for a better fit tomorrow :)

1 comment:

  1. You'll definitely have a better Tuesday because you're having dinner with me! :-) Can't wait to see you!

    ReplyDelete