Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Monday & Tuesday combo :)

Sorry about not blogging yesterday - I went to bed early :) Yesterday (Monday) was another round of cardio - I like our schedule for Mondays; it's easy to get into the swing of things for the week if we're "just" doing cardio. Yesterday, we had individualized workouts - Sarah had me doing interval training (of sorts) - I did 5 minutes on the treadmill and then 5 minutes on the bike - and I continued that from 6-7am and then did the elliptical for 15 minutes, then stretched and went on my merry way to my P.T.

P.T. Report = focus on what I can do: elliptical machine, cardio bike, spinning, and swimming - but not to do breast stroke (frog kick) until my hamstring has healed... and before each spinnning class, do a warm up on a non-spin bike or elliptical - and after EVERY workout, stretch (which I have been doing) and ice knee at the gym (I'm not to wait until I get home). I had a pretty large bruise on my knee that I didn't really see until he pointed it out to me - mainly because I had been so focused on the hamstring catastrophe - oops ;) Also, if I still have shin splints on Saturday, I'm not to do the bridge... I think that's it... So it turns out the machines/exercises I can do, are the ones I love anyway - or at least I don't hate them with a fiery passion, so that worked out :)

Also I'd like to report that today (Tuesday), I spoke with my trainer and I no longer harbor any resentment or bad feelings towards her. We talked it out and all is golden :) And I no longer have probs with my team mates - I have no idea if they have probs with me, but I'm less concerned about that - if problems are there and if they want them resolved, I suppose I'll find out eventually. But as of now - after a GREAT conversation with my trainer - all is good.

This morning, I did the ellitical and the cardio bike and in between intervals of those two, I did some nautilus machines (hamstring curls & abducter/adducter) and some free weights, with some abs mixed in - I believe, if I understand correctly, that this will be my regimen for Tues/Thurs... but I also know that nothing has been constant, and I'm okay with that, too!

Tonight I'm doing a Cage Fitness class - one of my friends, Mandy, teaches it tonight - and Elizabeth and Hope (2 other great friends) also teach it - so we'll see how tonight goes - I'll let you all know (clearly) and hopefully I will be taking classes from all of my great CF friends :)

Also shout out to Hope who yesterday gave me a ride to get my car, and of course, shout out to Liz who gave me a ride Friday - loved that y'all were able to do that for me!! Thank you soo much!!
Stay tuned to see how Cage Fitness goes tonight... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment