Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Cage Fitness (yay!) & more hurdles (boo!)

CAGE FITNESS was GREAT! I really liked it - and I already know what my goals will be for the next one... I was really wiped before the class (and now I know why... but will get to that later), but regardless of how I was feeling - I could tell that it was a great class! They break 30 minutes into 5 sets of 5 minutes - during each set, you do 5-6 different activities... mountain climbs, heismans (sp?), cross punches, cross kicks, planks, block the pass (?), etc. and you either do them for 30 or 45 sec intervals... between each set you have a 1 minute break for water, rest, etc. At the very end you cool down. The instructor makes sure that you are doing exercises in such a way that doesn't hurt your back. And Mandy (my instructor last night - but also a friend of mine :) ) definitely had to correct a lot of what I was doing in terms of form and maybe kicking higher or whatever. I really liked it - and I was really impressed by both Mandy and Hope (both friends - Hope was taking the class) who were such Pro's!! Thanks, gals (and Elizabeth), for encouraging me to take the class - I will be back - probably next Tuesday night!! :)

So I woke up this morning feeling awful and didn't go to spin class :( - which is probably the least of my worries... the doctor said I either have a cold/allergies or strep throat - and I'm (clearly) really hoping for the first one!! I can't swallow, which is the big concern, but I've been given a regimen for today because the Dr. isn't it, and if I still feel the same way tomorrow, I will be seen and tested for strep - YUCK! Talk about a hurdle to the healthy portion of this challenge!! I tried to convince my trainer that I could go to the gym tomorrow morning but she told me to relax and get some rest - which is all well and good - but I don't want to lose my great progress!! She assures me that as long as I eat well while at home today that I won't fall behind... and I DID exercise twice yesterday... ;) I will keep you posted - and if you want to reach me - I will be near the computer all day today, so email or call me! Now I'm going to go get some rest (grudgingly).


2 comments:

  1. As much as you don't want to have strep, it would actually be the easier one to cure. Strep can be wiped out in 2 days with meds... a cold lingers for like a week. I hope you feel better soon!

    Love you, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there- sorry you feel bad. I do too! Full blown cold and can't breath, my throat hurts and my chest is freezing inside. Oh, am I am coughing up a lung. Not feeling good at all. I hope you feel better soon. Love reading your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete