Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Looks like I'm behind again... Tuesday was great - or at least it ended great... Tuesday morning I was running late and got to the gym 10 minutes into everyone else's cardio - Sarah put me on the bike and wanted me to treat it like spin class and do jumps every minute - which wasn't really possible with this bike and that was frustrating - so I got moved to the stair master thingy (which STINKS) I definitely thought that I was going to fall off this thing at least 3 times in a 5 minute time period... but I didn't stay on this long either because my knee flared up almost immediately... then I was moved to the treadmill for a 3 min cool down - I think it's safe to say that I didn't get a great cardio warm-up.

Sarah then took us to the main studio where we did core training - lots of abs work with the big balls, along with squats and an arm workout. We have yet to do actual weights, I feel like - or maybe I have missed this when they have done it - but I personally want to amp it up with 2-3 weight sessions/week...

Tuesday was the first day that I went straight from the gym - showered, got ready, etc - to work... which I know a lot of people do, but I had grown to love my eggs florentine at the house - with extra veggies, goat cheese and a side of toast with coffee... I packed an after-workout snack that left a lot to be desired.

Tuesday wasn't a bad day per se, but I had a couple of rough starts, if you know what I mean... but THEN, my friends Barb & Reg had me over for dinner and they made a tasty meal!!! Lentil soup with brown rice and kale - yummy yummy kale :) They have been regularly following the blog and calling to see how I'm doing (as a bunch of my friends have), but I was really touched by the gesture to make dinner for me and to make sure it was something I could fully eat (which isn't neccesarily hard, but takes a little forethought). Anyway, shout out to Reg & Barb!! I love you both!! And shout out to Louisa for being a good supportive sister (that was random).

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out! Love you, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name was mentioned! That makes me famous on the interweb thingy! Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete