Sunday, February 7, 2010

Kaye, one of the mentors, and one of my good friends, has offered to sponsor me in the bridge run, which is really great in some ways... (I kind of liked having the excuse of not doing a 6.2 run/walk since I am definitely doing the 50-mile bike ride the next day - and the bike ride plan has been in the works a lot longer than the HCC...) but I don't have to run the bridge - I can 'leisurely' walk it in the back to get my muscles warmed up for the ride - AND it was very nice for Kaye and her husband to want to sponsor me :)

We did the bridge yesterday - and what that included for most was an 'indian run' up to the first span, an abs, arms, and leg work out at the first span, and then an indian run down. No, Aunt Lynn, the indian run doesn't have me singing indian chants while I run (though that idea was clever, and I may incorporate it next time), but it is the type of run where we all run single file and the last person sprints to the front while we are all still running. I was there plenty early to start with the others, but I chose to wait on some peeps and we walked up the bridge, completely unaware that an indian run was in the works and then made it to jump in and do abs work outs, etc.

Though my team mates may have been frustrated with me, this was actually better for me, because I am not supposed to run yet! Get mad at me, sure, whatever, but I have amped it up in every other aspect and am trying my best to protect my knee before I have a huge injury on my hands... I am a little frustrated with some of my team members and with my trainer - but I have struggled on whether I share that on this blog - I would much rather talk with people than type it out - sure, I've journaled about it - but this is different, because you are all reading my journal. So I just request thoughts and prayers this week as I try to work through this seemingly difficult time... I'm inclined to believe that this sort of drama is bound to happen with 8 women who are with each other all the time in a competition of sorts - I should know - I DID go to a Women's University.... (and I HATE drama!!! But you all probably know that anyway...)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry you're frustrated with your team, and that you feel they may be frustrated with you. That's no fun. :-( You can always vent to me, Jules! I love you!

    ReplyDelete