Friday, February 19, 2010

Phelps? Not yet...

This morning, Jenelle and I were 'trained' by Shawn (the coolest intern EVER). Shawn side note: she is an awesome swimmer, swim coach and friend :) - plus she loves the environment - so she's green (the coolest color ever!!). Shawn put together a list of stuff for us to do - Jenelle did the whole 'program' = 24 laps - I did half of the program, which is still 1/3 of a mile!! All laps were freestyle only... exceptions: kick board and 'pull' (arms only). The exception laps were perfect for practicing my freestyle stroke - which wasn't horrible, but wasn't the best either. I am exhausted after only 12 laps! We did warm up laps, and then we increased our intensity and speed, ending with sprint laps. I was pretty sure I was going to sink this morning, but I did pretty well... but after the leg weights Thursday, I had trouble walking today... I kind of love being sore though - it's affirmation that I'm using my muscles!!

Tomorrow morning, I'm doing spinning with the BEST spin instructor EVER, Catherine (of course :) ) at Eco Fitness in MtP... Catherine said that for the 8:15 class, you have to start calling at 7 to reserve a bike - CRAZY!! So I guess I should go to bed, I can't wait!! (it's actually 10:45 - which is pretty late for me... I'm only letting you know because the time stamps are clearly VERY off!!)

1 comment:

  1. LOVED, LOVED,LOVED that you were in class with me today! Front row! You did great! Lots of energy! That is what it takes! Great to have you and I hope you can come again! Happy birthday to your Dad!

    ReplyDelete