Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Double workout!! :)

This morning I had spinning with Catherine - whom I love - and I'm sure you all get tired of me talking about this wonderful lady - but I really do enjoy her classes!! I want to take all of my spin classes with her - which may not be possible as of yet, but we will see... I'm going to somehow acquire her Charleston schedule - she teaches spin classes at a lot of gyms in the area :) What I love about her classes: (1) she takes the time to make sure those who are new are adjusted properly to the bike, (2) she goes over everything in the class as we're doing it - explaining what muscles we're working, how to do the different 'stuff' (jumps, sprints, etc.) and making sure we are all on the same page as we go through the motions, (3) she takes the time between each exercise to let us recover on a 'flat road' before we jump into the next exercise, and (4) her music selection, her attitude in class, and her kindness rocks my face off :)

This evening, I did a water aerobics class that Leslie taught. It was great to do after spinning this morning, because it loosened up my shoulders (which I tend to keep tense during spinning class - which is common, but you're supposed to avoid) and my hamstrings. My hamstring on my right leg is still tight from pulling it last week and it still hurts to touch it (huge bruise - which is now in the shape of the water bottle cage - crazy!). The only thing I didn't care for about tonight's class had less to do with the class itself and more to do with the fact that in order to not hurt my hamstring further, I put a lot of stress on my ankles, which hurt a little bit - this really is a balancing act, isn't it??? I think I need to swim laps vs. doing water aerobics - just for the time being...

Sarah has us on a new schedule, we can add to it our own exercises and work outs, but we need to do the ones she has scheduled together. Mon = cardio (and for me, an extra work-out in eve); Tues = 15-20 mins cardio, then abs workout with Sarah; Wed = spinning (plus extra workout for me in evening); Thurs = 15-20 mins cardio, then weights (?); Friday = water aerobics in a.m. (plus extra work out in evening); Sat = bridge training; Sun = required afternoon work out with all of HCC.

Okay, I need to go to bed, so I'm going to sign out - but thanks again EVERYONE for their continued support and love!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment