Friday, February 26, 2010

Better Fitting Clothes!!! :)

My mom and sister gave me a cute top last winter after they had gone outlet shopping somewhere - it's a pretty purple top from AT Loft with a little bow made out of the softest material - I LOVED IT. But I couldn't wear it - which was more than a little frustrating - but more so, it was a little embarrassing - they got me a size L, which I should have been able to fit into. I'm wearing it today :) I like it so much, I might not take it off for a couple of days :) It fits perfectly - NO snug-ness. This means a couple of things - one, my belly is shrinking... and two, my CHEST IS SHRINKING - thank the good Lord. Another indication of shrinking chest: I need a smaller bra, which is very exciting!! :) :) I'm also currently wearing a pair of pants that I really shouldn't wear again until they've been taken in because they are WAY too big - but they are lined pin stripe pants (really nice pants) that I can wear to work - and I don't want to buy new clothes quite yet... so here I am with a perfect fitting top and a pair of pants that I probably should be wearing a belt with - and I am content.

This morning we swam 1/2 a mile = 16 laps. Best things about it: I didn't thing I was going to drown, I took smaller breaks between laps or sets, and I was able to control my breathing better and able to focus more on strokes... after last week, it hurt behind my knees where the muscle attaches to the joint - and we pinpointed this with not kicking correctly. It was then painful (at times) to do spinning - which is clearly NOT the goal. So this morning, I focused on my kick and even used the flippers to help with this concentration and my knees feel much better. I'm super sore - but it's a good sore... I can feel it now - I'm going to go to bed early :)

Spinning and Swimming = my faves, followed closely by Cage Fitness

I'm eating better - I'm getting better workouts - I'm feeling better - I'm seeing the changes (FINALLY) and I feel like a whole person again. Yay. :)

1 comment:

  1. Yay!!! I have an entire closet full of really cute too-small-for-me clothes. I hope to follow in your footsteps and be able to wear them one of these days!

    ReplyDelete