Thursday, February 4, 2010

And if you must falter, be wise...

Yep, I took my 'title' from a song that is stuck in my head... it's my elliptical machine song... I'll give points to who answers what song it's from... no hints, except that it's a typical running song that I wouldn't listen to in my day to day life. But, about faltering, I was late AGAIN this morning! It turns out that I should take into account how tired I am after the significant change from working out once a day to twice a day - and maybe, I should also set BOTH of my alarm clocks - I do have 2 for a reason...

So I got 'punished' for being late... I did little of what the others did (Sarah had the team in pairs and they were doing cardio for 5 minutes and then weights for 5 mins - but I'm having knee trouble, so no dice for me, at least for the lunges). Sarah had me on the old spin bikes and every 2 minutes, I did a standing run for 1 minute - which is harder than it is in spin class, because these bikes don't have the resistence knobs, so it's just me controlling how fast/slow I go... my knee and me were NOT happy! Lots of icing after the workout this morning.

More sad news = I can't do Catherine's spinning class, unless I do it in addition to the 6am spinning class :( - which I'm pretty sure I shouldn't do right now with the knee/hamstring probs - just so you get the big picture, when Sarah told me this, I stuck my bottom lip out - and left it there to make my point :( (My Grandaddy told me when I do this, he can hang his clothes on my lip... I don't care - bottom lip out for the day.) I will say that I understand the importance of working out with the group, I do - but I work out with the group on EVERY day - what's one day without? AND I'm not asking to sit on my butt that day, I'm requesting a class with someone who pushes me to do my best... is that too much to ask??? But I'm going to get Catherine's schedule for spin classes in the area (other gyms) and see how I fare with those. It's not the absolute end of the world - I'm not trying to be a cry baby, it was just a disappointment, and apparently I decided to blog a whole paragraph on it :)

So, stay tuned for my blog either later tonight or tomorrow morning when I find out my results for the week - loss, gain, neutral? We will see. I feel really good about this week with the 2-a-day workouts and better food choices, but we will see.... ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment