Friday, January 15, 2010

Spin, Spin, Spin!

Spinning was this morning - and we had to get there at 5:30 to make sure that we could get a 'bike' - if that's what you want to call these VERY uncomfy machines! I am still not sure that the bike is set up for me - seat height: I've got - I know what to look for and how it should feel, but the distance between seat and stem and the height of the stem are harder to judge... and I'm pretty sure I had it all wrong this morning - so I'm going to have to spend more time figuring that out - because I want to do spinning at least once a week if not more!

Our instructor didn't show up - so someone in our class who has taught spinning before jumped up there and led our class - she was spunky - I liked her :) Jennelle and Betty from my group were there with me - along with one of our mentors, Carol. Jennelle was great about looking over and calling me out if I could push harder - thanks Jennelle!!

Today I also walked Chaco (Zach/Liz's dog) - we're going to have a lot of fun walking this weekend :)

One more thing - I forgot to add this in the last post - but the HCC staff also announced who had won overall for top 5 women and men (losing the most weight) and Leslie, on our team, was in the top 5 - she lost 7.4 lbs!!! GO LESLIE!!! Our whole team did a really great job!!
Overall weightloss for all 11 teams was also a record breaker - the most lost in the first week during any HCC - a grand total of 423.9 lbs!! I'm still enjoying it and have been constantly challenged - and instead of running in the other direction - I want to meet the challenge head on. Each day is a new exciting day - with new goals and activities :)

No comments:

Post a Comment