Sunday, January 31, 2010

I love my team

It has been an interesting weekend - every time I make big work out plans, I get thwarted - well, maybe not every time - but it feels like a lot of times... Saturday I did Zumba with Leslie, Tasia and Sara D. - and it was A LOT of fun - imagine dancing in the club with great music and everyone's doing the same moves you are... FUN!! I was planning on going bike riding, but not only was the weather gross, but I had this horrible headache... so I just did stuff around the house, which in some ways was a huge plus - because there is plenty to do!!

Saturday night, Leslie, Betty, Tasia, Sara D., and Sarah G. (trainer) and I did dinner at Leslie's house (which is gorgeous - LOVE that house!!!). But it wasn't just dinner - we all brought something to share with the group for the week for meals! Leslie made chicken noodle soup with whole grain noodles (which I now have 4 servings of!!), Tasia made chili - YUMMY! (also, 4 servings :) ), Sara D. made some cool cabbage casserole, and Betty made to die for bran muffins - which will be perfect for pre-workouts in the morning... I made chicken kabobs with quinoa. I can't wait to do this again - we now all have several servings to get us through the next 1.5 weeks (11 servings total - not including muffins)! We decided it was so successful that we'd do it every 2 weeks or so. For dinner, we had salmon, asparagus, brown rice, and salad - yum! I love my group - not only are they so supportive and kind, they are a great group of people that are easy to hang out with! Jenelle and Tina - we missed you - we'll do it again so that you can make it!! :)

Today (Sunday) is really just a huge annoying continuation of Saturday's headache! I've moving through it to an extent, but I'm dizzy, too, so I think, unfortunately, that I will be taking a break today - HOWEVER, it is still early in the afternoon, so if I feel better later, I will head to the gym and get my obligatory 45 mins of cardio. Monday, I start working out twice a day - and I want to make sure that's a definite, so I'm resting up now!

No comments:

Post a Comment