Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Have been absent a couple of days... sorry!!

From my journal to blog...
SATURDAY
Today was Nia! And I still love it! Jen Merz joined me and loved it, too! If anyone wants to join me for a class of Nia, let me know - I believe your first visit is free :) Spirit Moves: http://www.spiritmoves.com/index.html
They have a schedule online but I'm not sure if it's right - so if any of you Charleston peeps would like to go with me, Nia is on Monday at 6:15pm, Wed at 6:15pm, & Saturday @ 10:35am. Also Luna Yoga (my fave) is on Tuesday at 6:15am. And monthly there is a community class on the 3rd Sunday of the month at 3pm for $3 and that donation goes to a local charity - right now it's going to Haiti in one form or another...

SUNDAY
I did spinning again today. Today = the BEST spinning class EVER! As I said before, I am encouraged by repeating classes and being able to push myself further - today, in the spin class, I was able to do ALL of the jumps, sprints, hills, rolling hills that Catherine threw at us - WITH the instructor (Catherine - who is my fave spin instructor - because she takes the time to make sure we all know what to do right then and she is VERY encouraging - and so far, she has the best music accompanying the class :) ) (I've actually treated Catherine as my 'assistant' trainer - she was Kaye's trainer last HCC and has been very helpul AND she used to work at 'V' and I remember her from there... well, she remembers me from my 2 week stint there - and she remembers Louisa...anyway, I digress - like that's a surprise - Catherine is really amazing :) ). So I've decided to do spinning on Sundays, Wednesday's and Fridays.

MONDAY
Started off a normal day (now that my normal days start at 5AM) - I finally remembered to bring my headphones AND ipod... leave it to me to remember only my headphones... I had planned on doing the bike in the cardio room for an hour. Sarah's been great about my wanting to train for the Century ride - on the days that I'm not spinning, she's encouraged me to do the bike... When I got to the gym, Betty told me she was doing spinning, and said I could come with her if I'd like... and I was torn - I've had a hard time turning down spinning these days - I'm really drawn to it... but I didn't have my shoes, and I much prefer using the cycling shoes than my tennis shoes... and I kind of didn't want to do spinning... Well, later I decided I should have listened to my body, mind or whatever.

SO I went to spinning and Katie B (instructor) was late... and I waffled while in there - but I stayed, somewhat committed to the class... when she came, we had all been spinning on our own for 20 mins - I wasn't really pushing myself, why the hell would I push myself, when Katie B was going to come and push us hard for an hour? When she go there, we started with uphill, standing and after 3 minutes, my right foot slipped out and I fell onto the bike - my left leg fell on the water bottle cage on the center of the bike and pulled my hamstring away from my leg. And then I kept spinning, until I realized that my leg was REALLY swollen. So I got off, went and found some ice and iced my leg... and it started looking really gross really fast... so I went to see the Dr. @ the gym, it's purely muscular and I've been icing my leg regularly for the past two days... and it hurts to walk which is stellar... I missed the workout this morning and will be going for a swim tonight to be followed by Luna Yoga tonight - if anyone wants to join me tonight... :) Otherwise, I've learned my lesson - one, follow the schedule (Spinning only 3 times a week) and listen to my body.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry about your leg, Jules. I know it's frustrating to be hurt when you so badly want to be pushing yourself. Just be gentle on it for a few days and you'll be back to normal - your new normal - in no time.

    ReplyDelete