Tuesday, January 19, 2010

cravings...

This morning I was running late because I couldn't find my purse/wallet - so now I will not only lay my clothes out for the next morning (I'm not going to lie - I pretty much have been doing this since I was 5) - but I will also be laying out my water bottle, keys, wallet, shoes, etc. It was really frustrating to know that had I done this last night, I wouldn't be arriving late this morning! I arrived to a circuit training of sorts that Sarah was leading. Leslie and I had to punch it out on the bag while everyone else did free weights with their arms (Leslie and I tackled these yesterday)... and in between exercises we ran around the room - it's a large room - or did jumping jacks. Intermixed in there were leg exercises that made my butt feel the burn. It was a good 30 minute work out! (Would have been better if I had been there for the hour of madness.)

Today I was feeling the 'lows' of not wanting to eat healthy - I really wanted the caramel popcorn in the office kitchen. I cleaned out my pantry of everything unhealthy - why can't these coworkers I barely know do the same for me??? Just kidding... so this would be those real world situations where you just say 'no.' Except that I said yes and coupled the popcorn with raw almonds to get that protein in for a healthy snack... yes, my friends, this is that wonderful rationalization at work.... and I was exhausted after this 'healthy' snack - much more than I have been after lunch... good ol' sugars doing their job... So what am I going to do next time? I'm going to call someone on the team - this is where the HCC is a genius program. I've tried it on my own and it clearly hasn't worked - so here are people on my team who may be going through the same cravings I am - and we can lean on each other!!! So tomorrow after lunch during the normal valley-post-lunch-high-thingy, I'm going to call someone WHILE I get up and walk around. :)

I'm also going to break the rules right now and go to bed - usually we need to wait 3 hours post eating to go to bed - but I had Luna Yoga tonight (still AMAZING!!) and I stayed afterwards to chat with Sarah - and I told her I was breaking the rules - sleep = more important to me than digestion... well, tonight - just tonight - that's the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment