Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Cravings... Part II

Spinning was harder this morning - whether because leg exercises yesterday, or squats the day before that, I don't know, but it was difficult. I loved, however, the fact that my whole team was there, because even though we were all struggling - the butt kicking was happening to all of us :) and we were there to check in with each other, which improved the class, in my opinion. I don't know if any of you have ever done spinning, but it seems (or at least the first few classes) to be a little more individual. The lights are off and you are challenging yourself - but with my team all around me, it felt less individual and more group oriented, which I hope was as great for the team as it was for me.
I had my second 'peer pressure' experience this evening - it's not really peer pressure, per se, because everyone's been really supportive - but I went to a meeting where they were serving Mellow Mushroom pizza and red wine... well, both of which I LOVE, so needless to say I wasn't going to trust myself to these odds... so I went to Whole Foods first on the way to the meeting, and got quinoa, black beans, spinach, and green (string) beans - and I took all the veggie toppings that the others didn't want - this way I was able to get the taste of the pizza without the calories of a whole slice - Brilliant!! SO I came out on the other side of the peer pressure issue and am feeling better for it :)
Now I'm heading to bed to get more sleep than I did last night :)


No comments:

Post a Comment