Saturday, January 9, 2010

It gets harder??

My first day working out with the team was yesterday - 1/8/09 - and it was GREAT! I did the elliptical machine for 45 minutes!! I told my trainer, Sarah, that I had not done the elliptical longer than 30 minutes - and she told me to strap on in because I'm not getting off until the 45 minutes are over! The thing is - when I've gone to work out by myself, I don't stay on the machines very long - no one is watching me like a hawk to make sure I get my time in... so 10 minutes in I might just decide I'm done... Also I used to do the quick start... nothing wrong with the quick start, but if I pick 'complete workout' then I fill everything in and I have the clock counting down the 45 minutes... seems elementary, I know, but I am REALLY good at rationalizing... can't rationalize a timer or a trainer - especially Sarah :)

I felt great after yesterday's workout - I wasn't tired all day - which is HUGE. I stretched before bed... I slept GREAT... all good things...

THIS MORNING: VERY VERY SORE!! That's a good thing, right? I worked out a muscle or two in my body... I had a hard time getting out of bed (it was sooo warm!!) I went to work out with the group and it was difficult. First mistake: I got back on the elliptical... maybe that's not a mistake per se, but I think I could have fooled my body if I had tried a different machine... I did 30 mins on the elliptical and felt every step. OUCH!! I then did 15 minutes on the treadmill... much better. Sarah has me doing longer cool downs, because I have a hard time not pushing myself - so 15 min cool down today. LOTS of stretching followed.

I had my meeting with Sarah today for a personal consultation - things are looking good. Turns out that I have fairly good eating habits... I kicked the beer for a while... I love veggies... I'm not so good with the fruits - but I'm working on it... and the whole grains are growing on me :) My weakest link = CHOCOLATE - who knew? Well, I bet a bunch of you did... but I didn't realize how much I'd miss it until I couldn't have it... so I'm still working on that!

If anyone has any sweet craving hints, throw them my way!! Sarah told me tea and lemon with a little bit of 100% raw honey, but I'm not convinced. I think Sarah is unaware of the power of chocolate.

1 comment:

  1. Ask her if a few "cocoa almonds" would be ok to help your chocolate cravings. Emerald brand makes them and they are really good.

    ReplyDelete