Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Praise for (almost) healed appendages!

Swam this morning - and walked against the 'current' in the pool with Leslie... my hamstring is MUCH improved!!! It still looks ugly as hell, but it no longer feels like hell, which is clearly much more important that aesthetics! 45 minutes in the pool on the 'shallow end' (3 feet vs 4 feet where the lanes are) due to the quantity of people who apparently swim at 6 am is all the motivation I need to go swimming at 5:30 am - that extra foot makes a difference when you're cold :)

Today I was able to walk without a limp - their was a slight hint of discomfort, but not all out pain... so I went to Nia tonight to round out the day :) And after a day of hefty decisions and concerns, Nia was amazing! I really love this class - each is different and each is equally fulfilling for me - it always fits into the different-sized holes I have at that moment - whether it's a great cardio work out, or a need for some grounding on a mental or spiritual level, or just the need to be free - it fits all of these for me and leaves me calm, cool and collected. I really encourage everyone to try a class wherever you can find one... and if you ever want to come with me, I'd love to have you!! These classes are offered at MUSC Wellness Ctr as well, which I haven't tried, but plan to this coming week :)


No comments:

Post a Comment