Friday, January 29, 2010

Choices & stepping up to the plate :)

"Regardless of what came before or of what has yet to come, what matters most right now is how I choose to respond to the challenge before me. Will I lie down or will I fight? The choice is mine and I choose to finish strong." ~Dan Green

That was the quote on our weekly newsletter that came out today - this newsletter has all the results from the weigh-in and how the teams are doing and measuring up to each other. And though our team is not in the top 5, I am very proud of our team and how we have already accomplished great things. Leslie is still in the top 5 for women - she is in the number 2 spot and has lost 15 lbs in 3 weeks - GO LESLIE!!!

Eventhough I had an injury this week, I decided it was important to keep moving - and maybe that constant blood flow helped me heal faster? I don't really know how it works, nor am I going to pretend to, but I do know that I could have used the injury as an excuse to get out of exercise, and I didn't. I swam Tues, Wed, & did water aerobics on Thursday. I chose an activity that would keep the weight off my leg, but I still managed to get cardio and have a good work out. I'm not sure if I would have chosen those options had this happened to me before the program - but as the quote hints at - it doesn't matter what has happened in your past or what will happen tomorrow - what I am concerned about is TODAY and the choices I make today.

I did a spin class this morning, and was able to hold out for 40 minutes before deciding that pushing any longer would possibly further my injury - but 40 minutes, wow! And it was 40 minutes with Katie B. (one of the trainers - who has pretty difficult classes (as much as I love her, I think she's a little crazy... ;) there is not much down time or relief in between her crazy 'exercises'... that'll have to be a goal, though, to do everything she has us do when she does them... I tend to go at my own pace in her class...

Tomorrow our group is trying out Zumba at 9 AM - I'll let you know how it goes :) And starting Monday, I'm going to do '2-a-days' - I'll work out in the morning with the group, and then do a class in the evening... hopefully with at least 1 or more of my team mates... as of now, I plan on:
Monday - a.m. = elliptical or similar cardio for an hour
p.m. = Nia at MUSC
Tuesday - a.m. = light cardio with weights
p.m. = 'Cardio Power Hour' at MUSC
Wed. a.m. = Spinning with Catherine :)
p.m. = Taebo at MUSC
Thurs. a.m. = Water aerobics & swim laps
p.m. = HCC Weigh-in & meeting
Friday a.m. = Spinning
p.m. = break
Saturday a.m. = Walk the bridge with team - or another team activity
p.m. = Ride my road bike
Sunday p.m. = Group work out with all of HCC - usually = a type of cross training or mini cross fit class

I feel better when I write it out - feel free to not pay attention - but I feel like I'll do a better job of accomplishing these goals if I write them down. I was unable to accomplish the 'goals' of buying a heart rate monitor - it is definitely on my 'to do' list - but I'm short on $ right now and I probably shouldn't have made that one of my HCC goals - we talked last night about making short-term goals and following through. Following the above schedule is my goal for the next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment