Monday, April 19, 2010

REVELATION = CHANGE OF PLANS :)

So I got up at 5:40 this morning and headed to the gym - and I worked out from 6-7:15ish... 45 mins cardio and 30 mins weights... I saw Catherine and apparently I was frowning - and she told me to smile that I'd feel better afterwards - which I did!!

I was thinking as I was working out how easy it was for me to do the 6-7 workout... mainly because I get up and get going before I have time to wake up and talk myself out of it.... also during the HCC I had pals to meet me at 6am and we were all in it together - so I was always very chipper and smile-y in the morning - which definitely positively affected my work outs... I also realized this morning that eventhough I'm writing down my foods in the food journal sporadically and working out = very sporadically, I've decided to make some changes...

THESE CHANGES = HCC HABITS :)
1 - I'm going to work out every morning again - and IF I don't feel like I got a good work out everyday, I'm going to work out on Sundays as well - if I feel like I kicked my butt everyday, then I 'get' Sunday's off... New Routine: MWF Cardio of some kind for an hour and weights, Tues/Thurs = swimming for an hour, and Saturdays - and maybe Sundays = riding my bike in this glorious Charleston weather. Most of you are aware that these schedules for myself don't always stick - but I will definitely work out everyday, I just may change up the location and the activity!

2 - Writing down my food daily - as I should be anyway!!! But I have recently gotten in the habit of both not writing down all the foods - and those foods that I leave out = ones I know I shouldn't have.... so I'm going to re-vamp the food requirements and get back to basics!

3 - I'm going to go back to writing on the blog daily. I know that Jenny and Catherine both check it daily - and Jenny told me that she was so sad when she saw that I was only writing once a week - so Jenny, this isn't for you per se - but you are a big part of it!! Main reason I'm going back to these daily info sessions is because I need more accountability - I don't have a team to work out with three times a week - or a trainer - though I count Catherine as my special trainer and cheerleader :) So I feel like the blog will become an extra accountability partner!!

If anyone wants to work out with me - let me know!! Matt has a membership at MUSC - but I'm pretty sure that's it for me friends - but if not, let me know!!! Barbara and I walked the bridge this weekend - she dutifully answered my plea :) and Reggie was there as well - but he was running - so we had minimum run-ins - but I deeply appreciate you 2 doing that with me. I felt horrible on Saturday morning - but I pulled myself out of bed just so that I wouldn't let them down... otherwise, I'd have probably not gone...

Liz, Jen & Mom have all expressed interest in doing stuff with me - let me know what works for you!!!

And everyone else - the offer still stands for Nia on Saturday mornings @ 10:30 = dance/fun/workout :)
And I'm always game for walking or biking!!!

Thanks for everything - I consider you all my Support Team and I've really appreciated the support you have shown me during the whole process - but especially these last couple of weeks weeks when I've fallen off the wagon a bit....I'm back but I'll still need whatever support you can throw at me!!
:)
Peace,
Jules

No comments:

Post a Comment