Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I HATE POLLEN

Well, for starters, I've had a pollen/allergy-induced sore throat for about a week now.... normally, I get a sore throat which leads to a sinus infection... but I've just had a sore throat - it's good that I don't have a sinus infection - but it hurts to talk!! What am I, Julia who loves to talk, going to do?? Normally, one would say that I take a break from talking... but today I talked my little heart out (or should I say 'talked my little throat out') catching up with Liz. What's difficult though, is not so much the talk or no-talk situation, but the fact that to breath hard hurts my throat - so spinning tuesday night hurt my throat - CRAZY.

So to defeat that issue, I wanted to be active today but was feeling sluggish from the pollen... so I called Liz and we walked around her neighborhood (we walked for over an hour), granted I was continuing to breathe in pollen - and granted I was talking a lot - but had I not called Liz to go for a walk, I probably would not have gone to the gym - so I felt it was a good solution :) And then I had dinner with Zach & Liz and it was like 'old times' when we used to get together once a week to dine and catch up - I've missed that... and I'm SO excited to do that with all my friends once this thesis is turned in for good (APRIL 29th!!!) Of course if I dine with friends - I would prefer to have it coupled with some sort of outdoor activity... :)

Another bummer about the sore throat is that it hurts to swallow water - UGH. So I've been drinking my weight in HOT tea. But I'm staying hydrated, right? I mean, it's water, just hot water - with some lovely tea steeping and making it fun hot water :) Liz was a sweatheart - and not only invited me to stay for dinner but made me a hot cup of tea as soon as we got back from our walk! What great friends I have!! :)

No idea what I'm going to do tomorrow - either swimming or elliptical machine - I would MUCH prefer swimming - so that'll probably be what I do :) I may even swim in the afternoon... I'm house sitting for some friends this weekend - starting on Thursday afternoon - they live downtown and I'm excited about biking over to the gym - or walking :)

I hope everyone's had a great week... stay tuned for more later... tomorrow is my weigh-in day :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so sorry your throat still hurts, Jules. :-( Feel better soon, love!

    ReplyDelete