Thursday, May 13, 2010

I'm BACK

I promise I'm back - and I've thought about writing to all of you everyday that I've been away!! Last week I worked out everyday - or at least Wednesday-Sunday... then Monday I had strange muscle issues that led to my taking muscle relaxers through today... I cut the grass yesterday and I've been walking - but I've been told not to do exercise that works my back... so riding, spinning, elliptical - those are all out - but hopefully I'll be able to do a long ride on Saturday - ?? If not, walking it is... ugh. Basically after a LONG kayak excursion Saturday when i paddled against tide and wind, I did something bad to my upper back and my chest muscles and was in A LOT of pain on Monday and Tuesday. It still hurts but not nearly as badly.

I've been doing okay with my eating - I think after I'm done working at MDA (Friday = last day), I will be doing better because chocolate was always readily available and I had trouble staying away.

Barbara has agreed to let me email her my food logs - which I'll start today.. unfortunately, my house is not getting internet right now - not sure why - but I'm house-sitting this weekend, so I will be on here for the next couple of days - and hopefully every day afterwards with a little more regularity!!

This coming Wednesday, we have another HCC meeting about organic foods and tips for buying organic without breaking the bank... and we will be weighing in!! They are also going to show the movie, 'Food, Inc.'

More to come later - but I promise I'm back for good - I now have an alarm on my new phone that goes off to remind me to drink water, eat healthy, and write on the blog!!
:)

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you're back blogging! I'm so sorry you hurt yourself kayaking. :-(

    I'll see you this afternoon for a walk around DI!

    ReplyDelete