Friday, May 21, 2010

Not coloring in the lines

I just drew with purple and green markers all over my body - or at least on all parts that hurt that I could reach. I made a discovery - which I unfortunately had to make on Friday after all doctor offices are closed - and I'm not sure who I'd go to - I suppose a back doctor? But let me back up a bit...

Before the HCC I was having back problems - or rather leg pain and lower back/hip pain. We (Web MD, Bike Shoppe employees, and a friend PT and I) determined that it was probably siatica (sp?) and I did some exercises - but what really helped was getting the lift for my shoe to even out my hips (I have one hip that is higher than the other due to scoliosis) and exercise. After wearing the lift in all possible close-toed shoes and working out as much as I was, the pain went away completely.

Well, it's back - so I suppose I stop wearing the fun summer sandals and go back to close-toed shoes (ugh) and exercising 5-6 times per week.

BUT the pain was so bad tonight, that when I got home from baby-sitting, I chose to use sharpies to draw on my body to pinpoint the pain areas... not sure how this will help because its Friday and I don't know who I'm going to see over the weekend who can help with this - but I took a sharpie and drew first and looked later - so at least I now know where it hurts and can re-draw it - or show someone later... I have 2 friends who have had troubles with sciatica and both had to get MRIs - I don't know whether I should get this checked out or just work out... so we'll see... I'm going to work out for the time being and see what happens... Saturday I'm spinning with Catherine... Tonight I'm taking Motrin and heading to bed - I'm not supposed to take Motrin, but I didn't sleep last night because of the pain and I don't think I can go another sleep-less night...

But all signs are pointing to more gym time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment