Sunday, May 23, 2010

Being Prepared :)

After the mishap with water aerobics, I went prepared for spinning, but also had my running shoes with me as well - which turned out great because spinning was canceled - so I took on the elliptical machine for 30 minutes Saturday a.m. I will say that part of my prep 'kit' should include a charged ipod and head phones - I think I could have pushed myself a little farther with some tunes... instead I watched the paper bag princess on saturday morning cartoons - not nearly as motivating - but interesting considering that I loved that book growing up and now there's an animated version...

After the gym, I headed to the farmers market with the intention of only getting turnips for a soup I want to try and ended up getting more goat cheese (yay!) and squash blossoms - that I can apparently stuff with goat cheese and other veggies and bake - and I got onion flowers that you put on salads for a burst of onion flower - you can also use the stalk for whatever = same as green onion stalks. I even got more onions of the small purple variety - apparently there will be a lot of onions in my recipes this week :)

I then cleaned parts of the house - my room, mainly - which was a work out in and of itself - so I made sure to play the ipod that keeps me going... at least I used it once yesterday :)

Today (Sunday) I took an unintentional day off, but I kept moving. I was going to go the gym, but was asked to babysit for some friends who have very active girls who kept me equally active as we played outside all afternoon - so though it wasn't a trip to the gym - it was outdoor activity for 3 hours!!

Tomorrow morning I'm heading to the gym - I'm undecided on a spin class or the elliptical, but of course, you will find out soon enough.

Back update: Saturday I was pain-free except for later in the evening - but I wore my insert all day, so hopefully that was a contributing factor. Today the other part of my back hurt - the pulled side - but it also felt better after wearing the inserts. In fact, at church, I had to leave because it was so painful - but as soon as I got home and iced it then put on shoes with inserts, the pain melted away - slowly - and then I felt it barely at all while babysitting - and I don't feel it at all now - so hopefully we've found a solution :)

No comments:

Post a Comment