Friday, May 14, 2010

2nd Wake up call...

SO I went walking with Barbara today all over Daniel Island - and when I say all over, I mean it... we got turned around - and could have back-tracked, but instead used her nifty i phone to find a different way back. I think we walked a little over a mile. Barb, being in better shape than I apparently am, stayed a couple of steps ahead of me and I was working hard to keep up... sound familiar?? Kayaking with Jane, I was a little behind the whole time... UGH!!!

The original reason I was going to do the HCC program was to keep up with my wonderfully active companions!!!

Well, my friends, it is time to get back on track... I'm going back to the original diet - but I'm keeping wine on weekends - I'm going back to the original calorie and water in-take. And I'm SERIOUSLY going to log my foods! I'm house sitting this weekend and I didn't even bring my food journal!!?? Clearly I fell off the band wagon! Also, I lost some progress in how clothes fit - and I REFUSE to lose any more ground! I'm going to use the MUSC Weight Management graph to track my progress with daily weigh-ins. And I'm going to look through my pantry with a serious 'eye' and get rid of (again) the things that have crept in during my HCC absence.

Also, some of you who missed the blog called me to see how I was doing - YAY!! I'd rather have the concerned call - I'm not completely off the HCC band wagon, but I do feel like I could get bumped off if I hit another speed bump...

So I'm back - and I'm not going to half-ass it; I'm back for real - which means getting my butt in gear at the gym as well. Word on the street is that I can get a gym-assigned trainer to help me run through machines once... and now would be the perfect time because my back still really hurts - so I need to find the exercises I CAN do instead of focusing on those I can't and using my back as an excuse - Barb and I had a great walk today and walking is 'allowed.'

Plan for the weekend: Bike tomorrow or walk (while at this house, they have a beach cruiser which has a better posture for those with hurt backs) - or do both :) I have to walk one dog 3-4 times a day and the other dog 4-5 times a day - so yay for active dogs (?) - Sunday morning - walking dogs and then dancing at the First Flush Festival with Sarah H. :)

NO MORE LOSING GROUND!!!

2 comments:

  1. I loved catching up today! Love you, Jules!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jules! I am behind you 100% and I know you can do it! Back on the workout train! TOOOOOT, TOOOOOOT! Let me know if you need anything!
    Catherine

    ReplyDelete