Tuesday, June 1, 2010

M.D. Weekend

Well, I have not been exercising at the gym - but I have had thorough walks, runs with dogs, runs for children falling, and have eaten healthy! I had my fair share of wine on both Friday and Saturday evenings - with weddings, girl friend gatherings, etc. And though I didn't head to the gym right away, I made sure to eat well so as not to completely un-balance the scales...

I went on a long bike ride today and cleared my mind for the week ahead - and half-way through the ride remembered some calls I needed to make so I raced myself home and got a harder work out in :)

I also made fresh basil pesto today - from all the basil in Momma's garden ( I spent a good part of the past two days with Momma :) ). And I made the dough for home-made bread! I won't bake it until tomorrow - but I made a bunch and it's definitely doubled... I even put the air conditioning on in our house JUST for the rising process - the recipe said to let it rise in a cool location - well, before using the AC, our house was at the balmy temperature of 87 degrees... hard to find a cool place in my house... so the AC is on for just a little while longer... then back to the tropics!

[Normally, with the AC off, it is only 80 degrees, but I've been at M&D's house, so the windows were shut with the fans off when I got home, and this seemed the way to go this time...]

Tonight, I'm making Turnip & Roasted Garlic soup! It calls for heavy cream, but I am leaving out all cream together and planning on topping my bowl with 1 TBS of goat cheese... I tend to weave in and out of recipes with my own variations... I've never been one for staying within the lines...

I hope everyone had a GREAT weekend :)

2 comments:

  1. I can make that happen!! OR I can give you enough basil that you can make your own... it's 4 cups basil leaves, 2 garlic cloves, 2 tbs walnuts or pine nuts (i used walnuts), 3 tbs evoo, 1/2 cup parm cheese, 1/4 tsp salt... in the future, I'm going to leave out the salt, because the parm has so much already... you put the walnuts and garlic in food processor while it's running, (the rest you add with it off - then pulse it), evoo, pulse, salt, basil, parm, pulse, pulse, pulse.... scrape sides... pulse, pulse, pulse... that's it!

    ReplyDelete