Friday, June 4, 2010

Explosions mid week.

I have been reading my friend's blog daily and thinking each time, I need to get on mine and write some, but do I? No.... so here I am now, writing for the past couple of days...

Tuesday I hung out with someone's dog and apparently my couch has either dog hairs on it or something else that I'm allergic to, and I got a little sniffly after being on my own couch, which stinks... all day Wednesday I was sneezing and my head exploded (sinus), and I didn't leave my room, much less go to the gym. Thursday = a little better - by this time I've loaded on the decongestants and antihistamines and am feeling a little better for it - but I still felt like my head was in a serious fog... no gym on THursday.

Friday = today and I had a great night's sleep! (I didn't sleep well while on the drugs) and I feel a lot better today!! So I'll either head to the gym or I'll take a nice long ride before the heat settles in for the day :)

[Normally I take meds when I know there will be dogs involved and I'm just fine - the couch took me by surprise and that was compounded by dog exposure later]

I'm going to start taking allergy shots as soon as I get a real job and can pay for them :) then no more of these explosions in the middle of nowhere!

Tomorrow I think I'll ride my bike to the farmer's market... or if I'm feeling really gung-ho, I'll ride my bike to a 9:30 spin class, then the farmer's market, then home :) we'll see - I've not attempted that yet - but I feel like I need to get lots of riding in this week because next weekend I'm going to Athens to see my sister and we're going to ride there - and Athens, though bike friendly, is all about some hills that my legs aren't used to!! So long rides this week = short rides with hills next weekend? We'll see...


1 comment: