Monday, June 7, 2010

Bright & Early

Last night I thought ahead and 1) made and packed a lunch, 2) made and packed breakfast for after work out, and 3) packed a bag for showering at the gym and getting to work... This week I'm working for my Dad's office which is a block away from the Wellness Center (gym). My hours are 8-4 except for this morning, which is 7:30-4 to get reacclimated to the office and what I need to do.

I went to bed last night too late and regretted that this morning! Bedtime of midnight is a BAD IDEA when you get up 5am to eat and workout! And after seeing a massive roach before going to bed, I didn't sleep that well either...

BUT I DID get up at 5:45am, ate breakfast, and got to the gym at 6:15 - and did the elliptical from 6:20-6:50 and then did 10 minutes of weights and 5 minutes of stretching - then blasted through a shower and got to work on time - but still sweating... ugh.

SO in order to not sweat at work and to feel like I can look at a hairdryer without grimacing, I'm clearly going to need to not only go to bed earlier, but get up earlier so that I have longer to cool off before hitting the showers! I'm thinking that that = working out from 6-7 and getting to work at 8 - which leaves me 45 minutes to get ready vs. the 25 I left myself this morning.

Tuesday - I'm going to have to think of something creative to do at the gym because there are no classes at 6am - and I can't do the same elliptical machine again - so either a different elliptical machine or ?? row machine? bike?? I'm not sure yet.

Happy Monday!! :)

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Jules! Is the job at your dad's office just temporary?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just working for him this week - Monday-Thursday... and then this weekend I'm going to see Louisa, but I'm toying with going to spin class on Friday am and then showering and leaving from gym to go to Athens...

    ReplyDelete